Stanley AGA, Rayburn reunited
Waterford Stanley's plant in Bilberry Waterford was set up in 1936 by Allied Ironfounders, the predecessor company to AGA, as a sister facility to its foundry in Larbert, Scotland. Stanley range cookers were launched alongside Rayburn range cookers in the 1920s - both were companions to the Livingstone cooker.
In the 1960s Allied Ironfounders was acquired by A H Masser Ironfounders. Two Masser employees were E W Campbell and A J Cooke who managed the Irish AGA agency and who subsequently acquired the agency themselves creating Campbell & Cooke which were the agency for AGA in Ireland. Campbell & Cooke's Managing Director is David Cooke son of the founder and is now part of the KAL portfolio of products which are in turn part of the Gowan Group.
Stanley, Rayburn and AGA were once part of the same Foundry and have come full circle in 2005 when Waterford Stanley Limited became part of AGA Foodservice Group now AGA Rangemaster. For further information about the history of AGA Rangemaster please visit www.thehistorychannel.agarangemaster.com.